When you launch a new product in a foreign market, it is important to make sure that all your product and marketing collateral are appropriate and effective for the target market’s language and culture.
However, web localisation isn’t just about getting the language right. It involves everything from choosing the right web domain to ensuring the design and content is adapted for the target culture. Adapting your keywords and targeting local search engines are also important to ensure your site is visible to your target audience.
Here are 10 tips on how best to localise your business website for other languages and countries:
1) Think global from the start, and choose the right content management system.
2) Use a flexible, “world-friendly” design.
3) Consider the use of symbols, icons and images.
4) Register local domain names for your target countries.
5) Localise by country, not by language.
6) Make SEO an integral part of your site.
7) Get the language right by using native-speaking translators.
8) Localise your products and marketing message.
9) Get the details right, such as currencies and shipping information.
10) Promote your site. Plan your launch carefully and monitor the results.
Lingo24 has extensive experience in providing website localisation services across a wide range of languages, with a proven ability to climb to the top of foreign language search engines.
We provide comprehensive advice for adapting products, product-associated texts and/or web pages, considering the language, cultural and other local requirements of a specific regional target market.
A team of native-speaking translators with professional experience in marketing will undertake a thorough assessment of your products and all related online and offline marketing collateral, providing advice on how best to target each individual language market.
Furthermore, our translation technology simplifies the process of web localisation, by linking your online systems with ours for the automated transfer and upload of translated content.
Want to know more? Find out about our localisation services by getting in touch with our team!